Tuesday 23 February 2016

Creative writing task 3 by Valerie Tan

Creative writing task 3
        When I was a child, I well remember the trouble I got into on a beautiful Friday morning. It was my favourite day of the week as my favourite television show called ‘Mr Maker’ was broadcasted on the kids channel. I propped myself in front of the television on the hard wooden floor with a cup of yogurt in my hands. I wanted to copy the artwork that was shown on the television and decided to use my yogurt as paint and the floor like a giant canvas. I smeared the yogurt on the floor, and when my mother found out, she chided me and ordered me to go to my room. I cried and wailed, begging her not to give me this terrible punishment, but it was no avail.
        I dragged myself to my room and flopped onto my bed. The bright light of the early morning sun shone into my room, making it impossible to fall asleep. My perfect Friday morning was ruined! I stared at the star stickers on my ceiling, trying to fall asleep. I tossed and turned, eventually falling into a troubled sleep.
        Soon, the loud horn of a car passing my house woke me from my slumber. It was already dark and my room that was once filled with light was now enveloped in utter darkness. I never experienced being alone in the dark. I longed for someone to be with me when I moved my arm and felt a warm pair of arms folded at the edge of my bed. Instantly, I felt safer and held onto the mystery arm and soon fell back asleep.
        I woke up early in the morning, and the mysterious hand was gone. I rolled out of bed and wondered who was the mysterious hand as I walked out of the living room.
       Until this day, the person remains a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment