Tuesday 23 February 2016

Creative writing task 3 by Saffron Lim

          When I was a child, I well remember trying to arrange one of my dolls on a shelf and knocking my mother's favourite seashell off it. She was horrified to see the shattered fragments of the shell lying on the floor. She screamed at me for breaking it and sent me to my room. I begged and screamed at her but she would hear none of it. 
Instead of going to bed as I was told, I looked through the window and watched people carry on with their lives. To kill even more time, I decided to count the number of cars on the street below. I slowly got bored and looked for other things to do. The dark green cabinets housed nothing but clothes. I reluctantly decided to go to bed and fell into a fitful sleep.
When I woke up again, the whole room was veiled in darkness and only a sliver of moonlight filtered through the windows. As I became more aware of my surroundings, I felt a light hand in my hair. I did not know whose it was and I lay there, afraid to move a centimetre. When I woke up the next morning, I wondered who my visitor was. I was confused and puzzled and till this day, I am not sure who came to visit me that dreary night.

No comments:

Post a Comment