Friday 3 June 2016

Independent Learning Log #4 By Oh Jun Rong (21)

Date:
Friday, 3rd June 2016

Source:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/largest-dam-removal-elwha-river-restoration-environment/

What I did:
I was searching for articles which were about the impact of dams, until I had came upon this article. This article had stated that a river was brought back to life after various dams were removed, this then peaked my interest in reading the article.

What I had learnt:
I had learnt that by having various dams placed in various locations, it can harm the sea life present in the various water bodies near by. The reason this is so, is because most water bodies are connected to each other in one way or another.

Summary:
This article is mainly about the impact of removing the dams has on the various sea life present in the water bodies near-by. This article also informs its readers about the negative impact of having unnecessary dams scattered all over the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment