Thursday 9 June 2016

Independent Learning Log 4 by Josh Teo

Date:10/6/16

Source:How It Works Magazine

What I did: I was reading one of my "How It Works" Magazine and I found a very interesting article about eyes

What I learnt:

-Eyes were merely light-dark sensors before we started adapting

-The Iris controls the amount of light going into your eyes by contracting and relaxing to alter the size of the pupil.

-Our eyes are positioned at average 5 centimetres apart

-Both eyes see different images by themselves but when the brain combines these two images to form one image, allowing us to perceive depth.

-Hyperopia, also known as farsightedness happens when the eye is too short, and the cornea is too flat, incoming light is focused on the back of the retina, making the object appear blurry, and particularly dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment