Monday 6 June 2016

Independent Learning Log 1 By Max Chen

Date: 4/6/16

Source: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160531

What I did
            While reading through the BBC News Website, I found an interesting article named "Are gorillas a danger to people?" In light of the controversial shooting of the Male Western Lowland Gorilla, Harambe. At Cincinnati Zoo in Ohio, USA, I since have always wondered whether the child who fell into the enclosure of Harambe, was really in any danger at all. Curious, I clicked on the article and started reading.

What I learnt
            I learned that Gorillas are calm if unprovoked and the deaths caused by gorillas are actually human provoked. Deaths are also extremely rare and in all cases on attacks by captive gorillas, none of them lead to the death of either the human nor the gorilla.

Summary 
            In all, I learned that Gorillas are not naturally aggressive to humans. And if unprovoked, we can safely admire them from afar without the worry of attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment