Wednesday 8 June 2016

Independent Learning Log 5 by You Geo Yi

Date: 9 June 2016

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36463668

What I did:
I was looking for interesting articles on BBC News, and this was the first article I saw so I decided to read it.

What I Learnt:
- There was a discovery of skeletons of people who were 1-metre tall on the island of Flores 12 years ago.
- Fossils indicate that these Hobbits(1-metre tall people) shrank rapidly to become that size.
- The theory behind the Hobbits shrinking to that size is that the Hobbits shrank to cope with the island's meagre resources.
-The Hobbits may have shrunk in the short time of 300,000 years.
-The Hobbits' skeletons may have been swept to the island of Flores by tidal waves as they were not advanced enough to build a boat and Flores was too far away to swim to.
- The discovery and research quashes the doubts that the Hobbits were just a sick modern human.

No comments:

Post a Comment