Wednesday 8 June 2016

Independent Learning Log 2 by Keith Tan (24)

Date: 8/6/2016

Source: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160222-severe-droughts-explain-the-mysterious-fall-of-the-maya

What I did: While looking for articles, I found this one that caught my eye so I decided to take a look at it.

What I learnt:
-The first Maya sites were built during the first millennium BC
-The civilisation reached its height at around AD600
-Archaeologists uncovered thousands of ancient Maya cities
-The Maya were master craftspeople, proven by their distinctive art and architecture
-Around AD850, the Maya began to abandon their great cities, one after another

Summary:
This article is about the fall of the Maya, which was a mystery for a long time. Scientists discovered possible downfalls of the Maya like droughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment