Sunday 5 June 2016

Independent Learning Log #5 By Aastha (01)

Date: 
Monday, 6 June 2016

Source:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/heng-swee-keat-recovering/2829714.html

What I did:
I was looking at the Channel NewsAsia website and saw Mr. Heng Swee Keat, Singapore's Finance Minister's name. I then remembered that he had suffered a stroke recently and decided to look at an article about how his recovery has been. This article was the first one to come out. It was about Singapore's Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, having visited Mr. Heng in the hospital where he had been admitted. He stated that Mr Heng was recovering well, and was very lucid, and communicative when they had met.

What I learnt:
 1) Words I didn't understand
- Lucid: comprehensible
- Recuperates: recover from sickness; regain health
- Aneurysm: a permanent cardiac or arterial dilatation usually caused by weakening of the vessel wall.
- Activists: an especially activevigorous advocate of a cause, especially apolitical cause.

2) I learnt about the important role Mr. Heng plays in Singapore's political force.

No comments:

Post a Comment