Tuesday 7 June 2016

Independent Learning Log #2 by Kinjal Agarwal (02)

Date:
7 June 2016


Source:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/in-memory-of-sabah-quake-victims


What I did:
I went up online to research about the recent news that is going on about the Mount Kinabalu trek and came across this article, which took me by surprise.


What I learned:
Words I did not understand:
Scaling - climb up or over (something high and steep).
Hymns - a religious song or poem of praise to God


Summary:

This article was about friends and families of whom had passed away during Tanjong Katong Primary School (TKPS)’s school expedition, whom had gone to scale Mount Kinabalu to complete what their loved ones could not. This was in remembrance of those who had unfortunately lost their valuable lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment