Thursday 9 June 2016

Independent Learning Log 4 by Keith Tan

Date: 9/6/2016

Source:http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160511-almost-all-snakes-have-the-same-mindboggling-superpower

What I did: While looking through the "discoveries" segment of BBC, I found this article that caught my attention, so I decided to read it and enquire more about snakes

What I learnt:
-The western diamondback rattlesnake can go on for two years without feeding
-If a human moved as fast as a snake could, they would lose consciousness
-The human body contains between 700 to 800 muscles while a snake has between 10000 to 15000 muscles
-A snake can absorb the impact of a strike easier because of its incredibly kinetic and mobile skull

Summary:
This article elaborates more on the snakes "superpower" that is not their size or strength, but rather its speed

No comments:

Post a Comment