Tuesday 7 June 2016

Independent Learning Log 1 by Keith Tan (24)



Date: 8/6/2016

Source: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160606-there-are-weird-bursts-of-energy-coming-from-deep-space

What I did: While looking through BBC, I found this article that caught my eye so I began to read it and learn more about this topic

What I learnt:
-Astronomers have been able to find around 20 mysterious flashes in the sky (that are called fast radio bursts) since 2007 when they were first discovered
-They shine for only a few milliseconds, however, releases about a million times more energy than the Sun
-Astronomers have some theories, for example, neutron stars, exploding black holes and snapping cosmic strings

Summary:
This article is about mysterious bursts that astronomers have discovered since 2007. It also suggests some reasons for why these bursts have been occurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment