Friday 3 June 2016

Independent Learning Log #5 By Oh Jun Rong (21)

Date:
Friday, 3rd June 2016

Source:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160401-climate-change-sea-level-antarctica-ice-melt-physics/
What I did:

I was searching for articles which were about the climate change that is currently happening, until I had came across this article. The title had stated that the new sea level cannot be ignored and this then  peaked my interest in reading this article.


What I had learnt:
I had learnt more about the impact of global warming has on the entire Earth. I had also learnt that the sea levels has risen at a much faster rate than any period of time in the past 2800 years, and the threat this has on low lying continents.

Summary:
This article is mainly about the huge impact global warming has on the Earth, and this article mainly focuses on the impact of the rising sea levels. This article provides general information on how global warming affects the rising sea levels. It also informs the public the threat this opposes to mankind if this were to continue. This article also tries to persuade the general public to try to do their part in slowing down the rate global warming, such as switching to renewable energy sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment