Thursday 2 June 2016

Independent Learning Log #2 By Oh Jun Rong (21)

Date:
Thursday, 2nd June 2016

Source:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/indonesia-s-toxic-toll/

What I did:
I was searching for an article about recycling, when I noticed the title contained the word "Toxic". So, I was then more interested in reading the content of this article.

What I had learnt:
I had learnt that battery smelters are notorious for emitting high concentrations of lead and other toxins in the air, which are harmful to those who have inhaled them. Children who inhaled this contaminated air, will have a chance of getting intellectual diasabilities.

Summary:
This article is mainly about the impact battery smelters have on both the environment and its inhabitants. Battery smelters will emit harmful substances in the air and those who have inhaled the air present there, their health will deteriorate. People living under those circumstances are begging the owners of those battery smelters to demolish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment