Saturday 23 April 2016

Creative Writing Task 4 by Oh Jun Rong (21)

    After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see the aftermath of the battle of lightning and thunder from the previous night. I expected to see trees bent down, almost touching the floor, marks of destruction left over on the walls of the apartments and cars filled with water and that the cars would be scattered sporadically in the carpark.

    But to my surprise what I saw was not even close to what I had expected. The trees were standing tall, the walls of the apartments were scratched, and the cars were arranged in an orderly manner in the carpark.

    I saw windows shifting to the sides; I heard dogs barking and the sound of alarms going off. The sound of people shuffling their feet across the floor and water running through the drains and pipes filled the neighbourhood. A faint scent of salty water wafted through the air. I could also feel water vapour landing on my face.

    Soon, I could hear the doorknob turning, and I could see the door of my parents' room slowly opening. I quickly went back to my room and tidied my room, for I should have done when I had woken up.

No comments:

Post a Comment