Monday 25 April 2016

Creative Writing 4 by Saffron Lim

        After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see the devastation left behind by the storm. I expected to see battered trees and the fragments of shattered glass lying on the ground and road signs pushed over by the strength of the wind. The storm drains overflowing with rapid rivers of water.
Instead, I found a clear blue sky, with golden sunlight filtering through the leaves of the trees seemingly untouched by the storm. The houses were still aligned in their neat rows, with a thin layer of condensation on them. 
I heard the birds singing a beautiful song while perching on a branch in an oak tree, the distant sound of cars in the city and people even though they could not be seen. There was a little girl's voice singing ring-around-the-rosies over and over again as if she was in a trance.

Feeling like having a nice, warm cup of tea, I walked slowly back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment