Monday 28 March 2016

Level Test 1 by Max

The setting sun lit the sky in an orange hue, and the faint shape of the moon and stars could be seen. I was on my way back home after a long tiring day in school. I was standing on the station platform, wafting from the restaurants below the station, made my mouth water, as I had not eaten dinner. The sound of the train going along the tracks could be heard. Then, the train thundered into the station. The people around me stood at the side of the train doors, just before the doors opened. I did not have time to follow, and when the train doors opened, a horde of people crashed onto the station platform, pushing me towards the back of the platform. By some miracle, I managed to squeeze aboard the train, which smelt like a pungent mixture of perfumes and body odour.
         As the train sped off to the next station, we were packed like sardines inside the train. From the corner of my eye, I spotted a black leather suitcase, sitting in the middle of the train car, not far from where I was standing. It was seemingly unattended, and the people around me took no notice of it. Curious, I inched toward it. Amidst the peak hour crowd, I managed to squeeze my way through and got me to where the suitcase was. I knelt slightly, allowing my hands to grip the handle. It felt as cold as ice; I knelt further, and now my arms could reach it. "Hmm... I wonder what's inside it?" I thought to myself. Assuming that the suitcase was left behind, I tried opening it, to no avail. I realised that it had a tight latch on it. I planned to take it to the stationmaster once the train reached the next station. I picked it up gently. Suddenly I heard someone yell " Hey! You!".
         I turned and saw a large middle-aged man standing before me."What were you doing with my suitcase?" he asked sternly "I...I..." I tried tp speak, but no words came out of my gaping mouth. "You're coming with me to the stationmaster, thief," he said. I was stricken with fear, and my palms turned sweaty. When the train pulled into the station, the man pulled me by the collar and dragged me to the station office which was packed full of people. He told the stationmaster that I was trying to steal his bag. My heart was racing, " I did not steal! I did not steal!" Those four words ran through the back of my head. After ranting to the stationmaster, the stationmaster turned towards me and said: " Is this true?" "No, no, no it's not." I cried, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I thought it was left behind, so I picked it up to return it to the station office." I then went into detail about how I found the bag, and that I should not have tried to see what was inside it. After hearing me out, the stationmaster allowed me to leave but, he told me never to try to open an unattended item onboard a train. He also told me to return whatever lost items to the nearest station office. When the large man found out I was free to go, he looked at me angrily. He turned around and talked with the stationmaster. I quickly ran off back to the platform.

         After that incident, I always learned to look around my surroundings before attempting to do something. This incident would have a special place in my heart, and I will never forget the incident, it would be etched in my mind forever. Curiosity killed the cat in this situation

No comments:

Post a Comment