Sunday 31 January 2016

Ethan Ng (20) English creative writing 1 and 2

Name: Ethan Ng
Class: S1-03

Creative writing essay 1


A person I remembered the most.
One of my earliest memories was when I first caught a glimpse of this world. The first person whom I saw was my mother. She had straight, long jet black hair that looked like a flowing stream, with an unusually nerdy spectacles. I could still remember the smile on her face when I caught my first glimpse of her.
When I was discharged from the hospital and ready to meet my home, that was when I was free to roam. I could still remember how my mother would eat silently and text on her phone. I tried mimicking her but I failed miserably. She was not the normal, vain kind of female you would think of. She always wore casual clothes.
Since young, I always liked to play. I could still remember how my parents wanted to inculcate the habit of exercising. I could still remember how my parents wanted to inculcate the habit of exercising. Hence, every week, we would go to the park to cycle. Me, on a little tricycle enjoying the beautiful scenes and the smell of trees, while my parents rode on their bicycle. Those were great moments. I could remember spotting a rooster and a hen in the middle of the path and I nearly collided into them. It was a tad scary but I was fascinated as I discovered a new creature I had never known. Till now, I still have a picture of that moment.
I used to live in a condominium. From my bedroom, I had a fantastic view of of the trees and the pools downstairs. It was a cramped area, but there was enough space to run around and have a ball pit! Good memories, but alas, they do not last. I shifted out a few years later. Till now, I still do not understand why. It smelled of love and felt very comforting at heart.
That, was my past memories.





Name:Ethan Ng
Class: S1-03

Creative writing essay 2


The dark shortcut lay before John. Twigs crackled under his feet. Light grew less and the trees seemed to bend closer to each other. As he walked further, it got darker and darker. I walk here everyday, I’m not scared of the dark, John told himself. He could smell a whiff of fertiliser as well.
A cold gale blew across him. From his shoulder, he thought he saw an eerie shadow. John turned to confront it, but it was gone. A few seconds later, it reappeared, this time stopping in front of John. Two pairs of eerie, evil little eyes greeted John. He gulped, and thought, Is this a monster? John started trembling and the shadow seemed to creep closer, it seemed so close that John could almost feel a furry monster.
John gulped. His legs were shaking. However, he was far away from home. He wanted to turn and bolt away but his legs felt like it was rooted to the ground. Cold sweat dripped from his forehead.
Suddenly, John head some stepping of leaves and a branch breaking. He concentrated and could see the shadow coming closer. Suddenly, in every hole, far and wide, seemed to posses a pair of big, black eyes, all focusing on John. Instinctively, John bolted, he knew not where, and at last hid behind a tree. Too pooped to run further, he could only pray hard that the shadow would not find him. There he hid, heart racing, clammy hands and cold sweat dripping from his forehead.
John trembled. And wished he had listened to his buddies who had said: Never go the shortcut at nighttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment